There are so many ‘highlight reel’ wedding galleries online. Can you show us a complete wedding shoot from start to finish?
With the permission of my clients I will happily send you login details for my most recent jobs – these are the same links you’ll receive when you choose me as your photographer. Naturally I only post the best photos on my website; however if we were to meet in person, for example at a wedding fair, I could show you a whole wedding album. Get in touch with me today and we can arrange a meeting in which I can show you up to 400 photos of the same wedding to illustrate the consistency of my work. Alternatively, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
and I will send you some links. Please understand that I cannot post such a link in this wedding photography FAQ.
What printing services can you offer?
Today’s online printing services such as SnapFish pose challenges for all photographers to operate profitably on printing. Therefore I will happily upload all of your photos onto your personal online printing account at no extra charge, giving you the chance to order prints or photo books. Alternatively, I can design and order prints using these services on your behalf.
What kind of equipment do you use?
I’d like to keep the technical part of this wedding photography FAQ very short – photography is much more about creativity than the gear I believe. I use the latest Sony A1 full-frame cameras up to 50 megapixels and 20 frames/second with a variety of professional G-Master lenses. Each scenario requires something different: a macro lens for the rings, a telephoto lens for the church, a wide angle lens for small hotel rooms and prime lenses for portraits or low-light moments. The coolest feature however is that my cameras shoot completely silently, there is no camera clicking anymore, and not a single sound disturbing the important moments – this was not possible yet just one year ago. I can also create beautiful sunset, night or dance floor shots thanks to my several wireless flashes. Every photo is saved onto two separate in-camera memory cards – instant backup on the go! Then when I get home, I back up everything twice more – one onto a raid storage system and another onto an encrypted cloud. Wedding memories are too precious to lose, which has made me a bit of a backup obsessive!
What legal information do we need to know?
I operate under the limited company name Schmittat Ltd. I am VAT registered, so all prices include VAT as standard. I am registered with Hiscox for public liability insurance up to £5 million, for which I can happily provide you with all credentials. Regarding your personal photographs, all shoots come with unlimited usage rights – they are yours, after all. Feel free to share and print them as you wish.
How can we book your services?
I will happily meet with you to discuss your requirements over coffee, or you can connect with me on Zoom where we will get to know each other and I can pitch my services to you. If you decide to hire me, you will receive two invoices – the first is a non-refundable deposit, which amounts to 20 per cent of the total cost and is payable when you book my services. The second invoice is the remaining 80 per cent and will be charged on the wedding date itself. I am happy to receive full payment beforehand, but all payments must be made within two weeks of your big day. Your photos will be watermarked until full payment is received.
Can we leave a review?
I welcome all customer feedback and would encourage you to do so. I am a member of Reviews.co.uk, which features 100 per cent genuine reviews. To find out more, visit my reviews page